This website is an apostolate of Memorare Media*, which is dedicated to promoting the knowledge of, appreciation for, and availability of the Douay-Rheims Bible and the Latin Vulgate Bible.
We have been in business since 2010 and have a 100% positive feedback rating on both Amazon and eBay. Also:
- We sell only the Douay-Rheims Bible, the Latin Vulgate Bible, and the Spanish translation of the Latin Vulgate. No paraphrased “translations” here!
- No annoying pop-up boxes appearing while you are on our website
- No feedback requests
- No remarketing (we won’t follow you endlessly around the Internet with our ads)
- We won't ask for the physical location of your computer when you are on our website.
- No requests for any information outside of what is used for ordering (we have no email lists or phone call lists, and we certainly do not sell your contact information to other companies as some companies do).
This apostolate is consecrated to Our Lady of the Rosary.
*What does "Memorare" mean? It is Latin for "Remember" and is the first word in a 15th-century prayer to Our Lady, which was indulgenced by Pope Pius IX in 1846
(Raccolta, #339 [S. C. Ind., Dec. 11, 1846; S. P. Ap., September 8, 1935] Enchiridion of Indulgences #32):
Memorare, O piissima Virgo Maria, non esse auditum a saeculo, quemquam ad tua currentem praesidia, tua implorantem auxilia, tua petentem suffragia, esse derelictum. Ego tali animatus confidentia, ad te, Virgo Virginum, Mater, curro, ad te venio, coram te gemens peccator assisto. Noli, Mater Verbi, verba mea despicere; sed audi propitia et exaudi. Amen.
Remember, O Most Gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to Thy protection, implored Thy help or sought Thine intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto Thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to Thee do I come, before Thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in Thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.